Staying Focused...






The thing I am struggling with most at the moment is staying focused on what I want and not getting too distracted by what other people are doing, which is really hard.  Friends are getting their first proper jobs and thinking about where they are going to live and in a year or so will be settled with a great job and a home and who knows what else.  When you are trying to go things alone and are unsure of your career path it's really hard to sit by and not compare yourself to other people.  Obviously I am happy for them and not the least bit jealous, well maybe a tad, but ultimately I am proud of them but I just feel like I am being left behind.

It's easy to see how far behind them I am in terms of conventional things, I work part time in a job I hate and I'm still living at home, but in terms of personal achievements I have come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months and sometimes you just need to remind yourself how far you've come.  

I have had a greetings card made with my design...
My artwork was chosen to be included in the Secret 7' exhibition...
I have been approached by several stores wanting to sell my prints...
In a few weeks I will be attending my first craft market...
and I feel like I have actually found my style of work and have been fortunate enough to spend the time creating the work I actually want to make and I am getting a positive response to it.  

Sometimes you just need a bit of perspective.