Mums the word

With mothers day soon approaching the thought of searching through shops to find a nice card isn’t my idea of fun.  So I decided to revert back to my childhood self and make my mum a card.  I’ve been looking at a lot of chalkboard drawings recently after discovering this amazing blog and artist and love the foliage motifs.   Using this as my starting point I drew up a simple border and added a big daisy at the top.  I kept the type relatively simple as the rest was very time-consuming and meticulous to cut out and I din’t want it to get too busy, and voila a handmade card.  

I have made a few of these and am making them available in my shop in the next couple of days when I get some envelopes, so why not send your mum something a bit more special this mothers day :) 



L x




P.s Let me know what you think of them!