Over the last few weeks I have been itching to get out of home and the urge to move out is ever growing.

After finishing uni I went back to my Mum and Dads, which I am wholly grateful for and it was only meant to be temporary.  A year and half later and I'm still here with no signs of a move in the near future.  It sucks, going from living with your friends and having absolute freedom, minus the rent and bills, to living back home where you fall back into your teenage routine and almost un-mature a few years again.

You could say it's my fault, I'm still figuring it all out and although I work part time I see no point in moving out to live down the road, I have London in my sights but finding a job I want/can do in the city is no easy task. 

Back to the point of this post, homeware!  My bedroom is a tiny place but I wanted to make it mine, and 22 year old me not the 18 year old who left it to go onto uni but without spending a huge amount. I have managed to take over our spare/laundry room downstairs with a desk so I have space to work but even without a desk my bedroom is no palace.  
Over the years I've gone from bright orange walls to a neutral cream but I wanted a more grown up change.  I opted for a pastel grey because having the walls white was just too bland and it felt bare.  My favourite colour is orange and in close second is turquoise so there are accents of those colours in the decor as well as a copper which I am obsessed with at the moment.  

Having thrown out my wardrobe long ago and after my single rail collapsed I invested in some sturdier Ikea rails and drawers that provided the storage I needed but that didn't dominate the whole room and along with my chest of drawers this provides just enough storage, as long as I do't go on a shopping spree anytime soon.  

I'm a collector, very different from a hoarder i must add, and I have a lot of stuff.  Books, cameras, prints, frames use to dominate my rooms walls so I did a bit of a sweep and kept the essentials to create more minimal shelf decoration but still displaying my character.  

Overall the room feels cleaner, minus the horrible blue carpet but thats a job for another time.  Everything has its place and I have the things I want on display without overcrowding.  The cacti add a bit of life to the room and by spray painting the pots copper they fit in.

It's now a place I want to relax in and it makes knowing I won't be leaving anytime soon that easier to take. 

I have linked or listed everything I can below.

L x

Lampshade - John Lewis
Bulb - John Lewis
Storage - Ikea
Orange and Turquoise Trays - Unlimited Brighton 
Makeup storage - Muji & TKMaxx
Copper edged Glass frames - Cox and Cox
Frames Prints - Made my me 
Ampersand - Lavender room Brighton
Duvet - Ikea
Blanket - Primark
Chest of drawers - B & Q
Lamp - Tesco
Cactus/succulent - Wilkos
Copper Spraypaint - Wilkos
Patterned bowls - Waitrose & Sainsburys
Vintage maps - Paris Market