My first ever market...
I am very excited to announce that I will be at Crafty Fox Market on the 26th April at the Dogstar in Brixton, this will be my first ever market and I can't wait!
I will be amongst the Crafty Fox uncovered folk, all of whom have only been trading for less than 12 months. I have been to art fairs and markets before but haven't traded at one or been to a Crafty Fox market, but I have only read good things about it and from the photos I have seen it looks great.
I'm most excited to actually see which products people engage with, which they like the most and chat to the people buying my stuff. It will also answer a lot of questions in terms of if my pricings are right and if what I'm making is worth it.
Whilst going out alone and trying to sell my stuff I never wanted to be labelled as a 'crafter.' Not because what they do is bad but because of how they are viewed by a lot of people and having come from a Graphic Design background, making things because they 'looked nice' or 'you wanted to' was never an option. However I have loved the freedom of printing and illustrating the images I want to make and I can't wait to see how they are received and which things to continue with and push further, also having just had some t shirts and tote bags printed I'm looking forward to the response.
I'm hoping for a lot of success and a big push to get me and my work out there into the world. I can't wait to start planning my table space and meeting lots of other creatives and customers hopefully.
I shall be doing a few more blogs tracking my progress in the lead up to the market and how it went afterwards.
L x
Labels:
crafty fox,
fair,
market,
prints,
sell
