New print....
So I've been trying to venture away from all black prints but it wasn't going so well, but after continuing my tattoo themed prints I decided to have a go at illustrating a sugar skull. I have always loved them, and painted my face as one for many a halloween party but this was my first go at illustrating it. I love the intricacy and tried to get as much in as I could without making it impossible to cut out of lino. By layering a gold layer of ink underneath it not only added a bit of glitter and sparkle but added another dimension the print and brought out the details more.
This is one of my favourite things I've done for a while and it is a limited edition of only 10 so if you want to pick one up for yourself click here.
Labels:
art,
black,
day of the dead,
design,
edition,
gold,
halloween,
illustration,
ink,
limited,
lino,
linocut,
linoprint,
mexican,
mexico,
print,
printmaking,
roller,
sugar skull
